The great outdoors are vast, spectacular, varied across continents and free for everyone to explore. Of course, if you want to spend a little cash to hire a guide to take you deep into the wilderness, visit a laid-back eco-lodge, take a tour to learn about local wildlife or ecosystems, or head up an intense outdoors-appreciation expedition, we’ll be cheering you on!
Here are a few lists of national parks around the world that cater to every lifestyle, as rated by savvy travelers:
- 30 Top National Parks to Visit, according to Outside Magazine
- Most relaxing national parks for those who want to experience the calming effects of nature
- The best national parks for adventure seekers for those looking for a thrill
- 10 Least visited national parks in the United States for those who like to avoid crowds
- Peruse Australia’s 685 national parks, which is way more than any other country
- Unesco World Heritage Sites, including national park overlaps